Examples* of Research Areas Eligible for Support
In model systems and humans, with the potential to scale to highly parallel measurements.
Projects supported by this seed grant program may include, but are not restricted to, those that develop:
- sensors of nerve cell electrical or chemical activity, either biologically or nano-material based
- micro- and nano-scale, biocompatible devices for transmitting sensor signals or for targeted therapeutic stimulation
- new modalities for brain activity imaging
- tracers to enhance current brain activity imaging technologies
- new technologies for neural prosthetics (e.g., motor control, memory, addiction control
*Since a goal of Cal-BRAIN is to determine the most promising neurotechnologies, this list is illustrative, and not exhaustive.